Garage organizing is a project that no one gets excited about. And when you think about garage organizing, the thought of an expensive garage organizational system often comes to mind. But getting your garage in order does not need to be expensive. There are plenty of ways to save money when you tackle this organizing project. Here are a few cheap and easy garage organizing ideas to get you started.
1. Go to thrift stores to find inexpensive or even free garage organizing supplies. With a little imagination, you can get a lot of cheap organizing supplies from a thrift store. When you go make sure that you have a list of what you need so you do not end up buying stuff that will just add more clutter to your life.
2. Recycle old food containers. Plastic and glass food containers make great organizational supplies for your garage. Just make sure you label what you put in them. You can get as creative as you want with this one. Permanent markers work great if you do not want to spend a lot of time on it. Paints work well if you would rather make it into more of a garage organizing project.
3. Check out FreeCycle.org and Craigslist.com for ideas and cheap or free garage organizing supplies. You can get free stuff from FreeCycle.org and cheap or free stuff from Craigslist.com. You might need to check often in order to get what you need. It is a good idea to have a clear idea of what you are looking for before you look at these sites. It is easier to search for an item than to just browse around.
4. Go to garage sales to find cheap garage organizing supplies. Unlike with thrift stores or the websites I mentioned, it is better to go to garage sales with an open mind rather than a list. Be open to thinking about how you can use what you find at garage sales for your organizing project.
5. Look around your house for old or unused furniture and organizing supplies. Before you throw out that old bookcase or table, think about how you can use it for your garage organizing project. Old bookcases make great shelving units in the garage. Old tables can provide a great workspace. Think about how you can use something to help you organize your garage before you toss it out.